So, you have decided to end the relationship which has been breaking up for quite sometime and which has reached a point of no reconciliation. Here are some tips for doing it smoothly and with neither side suffering further bruises.
1) You need to feel compassion when ending the relationship. It may be difficult with all the mounted up hard feelings. But if you want to stay friends after the break up, you need to end the soured romance ties with consideration and compassion.
2) You may need to meet your partner more than once to end the relationship. Emotional ties are not easy to break. Give the “breaking” what it needs to facilitate it to happen.
3) Don’t put the entire blame on your partner and irritate him. Talk about the good things you’ve enjoyed and the memories you will cherish. If your partner spurts up, don’t react. Gather some patience. After all, this is the last time he/she is going to blame you!
4) Your partner may say things her/she don’t really mean. Just listen and ignore. You need not digest them. You are not even ingesting them. Think of you as a channel for his/her emotional outbursts, with not even a particle sticking to you, once it is over.
5) On the other side, don’t allow your partner to make you feel guilty. You’re ready to begin a new phase in your life. Your ex partner is out of your life. You are just being decent by giving a chance for things to end in a positive note, with no feeling of bitterness. If the other person doesn’t reciprocate and wants to be offensive, just ignore his/her words. Treating one’s words as not worthy of consideration and rejecting them is the best response to unreasonable outbursts.
6) Lastly, there may still be a chance for reconnecting. This may happen at the meeting intended to end the relationship. It is for you to decide. Any relationships can be saved if certain adjustments are made. If you have the time and the willingness to make the effort, you may emerge out of this impasse as an even stronger couple. But if you are determined to walk away, it’s best to end a relationship with a clean break and move on.
Ending a relationship is even more difficult than finding an ideal lover. You can always make up on a broken relationship but there is a stage where nothing can save your relationship except a magic