Here are many great things in life that mankind has the pleasure to enjoy. However, all these things don’t come on a silver platter, not at first at least.
You may need a taxi to get to Disneyland (or quite possibly an aeroplane) , or a blacksmith to cut you free from a ball and chain, (although the fact that how it got there is very unnerving).
Unfortunately today our discussion is not going to get include picture-perfect princesses or criminals from the British Empire. Instead, one of the greatest gifts life has to offer: Pizza.
Eating pizza at home while watching reruns of ‘Friends’ is one of the most effective forms of relaxation, but in the midst of laughter, don’t forget to keep the pizza bearer happy who is more commonly known as: the pizza delivery guy (or girl, don’t be sexist).
Giving the right address
The first step is giving the address right, or else your cheesy goodness is not going to reach you, plus you’re gonna have a very pissed off pizza delivery guy/girl, who can potentially ruin your evening and reputation at your favourite pizza parlour.
Open the door on time
The second step is to open the door on time and not keep him\her waiting because your cheesy goodness might get cold! Also, because you don’t want any saliva on it as a punishment for being tardy.
No stomachache, please!
The third step is to not open the box in front of him, not unless you want a stomachache afterwards, just kidding! Furthermore don’t fight the poor guy/girl for the toppings, or for that discount you didn’t get because hey, don’t shoot the messenger.
Tip him good
The fourth and final step is to give him/her a good tip, typically 5% of the bill, to keep him happy and to prevent an unwanted topping on your pizza next time.
And before he leaves why not give him some additional tips? He might be running late but hey sparing five minutes isn’t such a big deal especially if it’s for their own good.
You can start like, hey kid, since you were kind enough to deliver me pizza, let me give you some life saving tips on delivering pizza right.
- If you happen to drop your pizza on the way, shake the box to get the cheese slide back to where it was originally.
- While people are calling you to inquire about pizza, advise them to meditate because being patient improves one’s overall health.
- You must be careful while delivering a pizza because having a pizza in hands is equivalent to screaming, “Hey, rob me, I have cash.” And in case someone approaches you to rob, run as fast you can.
- If you knock on the person’s door three times and call on the cell phones twice, and still nobody opens up the door. Consider the pizza as a treat from the customer for your hard labor
- You act nice and polite but that doesn’t mean you are ready for a conversation at someone’s door. If they tip you nice, fine, otherwise remind them to tip you as fast they as can as you deliver pizza for a living.